Aug 4, 2009

Sick of all the Poo and Pee

I’m so tired of all the poo and pee. I really am. Really.

Just recently, we had a conversation about kids peeing in the pool. You know it happens right? NO, no, I did not know that. I was under the wonderful allusion that it does NOT really happen. I liked it that way. Then we moved on to discussing just how long adults stay in the swim-up bars drinking without ever getting out of the pool. YUCK. OH MY GOODNESS YUCK.

While we’re on the topic of pee, I don’t understand how all three of my children have to pee a gallon of urine after they’ve been in the swimming pool for 5 minutes. Is it osmosis?

Naturally, our bathroom is at the front of the house so they have to run all the way through the house sopping wet to get to the toilet. Often, they slip and fall in all the water. Sometimes they barely make it to the toilet and other times they just end up peeing on the floor around the toilet. Seriously? Like you didn’t know you had to pee this badly?

We came up with this great idea to put a potty seat in the outdoor cabane right next to the pool.



This worked for about a week. I think now that they know it is so close they wait even longer before exiting the pool. I am now SO TIRED OF CLEANING PEE FROM THE CABANE FLOOR!

Just in case you’re still wondering why I’m so sick of the pee and poo...

Setting: The kids and I were all swimming in the pool

Devon: “I’m pooped.”

Me: “YOU POOPED?! GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!”

Devon: “No, I didn’t poop, I’m pooped, my yawns are coming.”

Me: “oh, pooped, okay, get back in.”


Setting: I was at the table eating lunch when

Devon: “Look at my hand, you know why it’s all wet?"

Me: “Why?

Devon: “Because I stuck it in the toilet.”

Me: “GROSSS, GO WASH YOUR HANDS NOW, DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING, DO NOT COLLECT $200 AS YOU PASS GO .... GRRRRRRRR”

No comments:

Post a Comment